Wordpress Firewall 2 - Download
Wordpress Firewall 2 is a security firewall plugin for Wordpress. It was originally developed by SEO Egghead, and has been revamped by me.
This Wordpress plugin investigates web requests with simple, Wordpress-specific heuristics, to identify and stop the most obvious attacks. There are a few powerful, generic modules that do this; but they're not always installed on web servers, and usually difficult to configure.
This plugin intelligently whitelists and blacklists pathological-looking phrases, based on which field they appear within, in a page request (unknown/numeric parameters vs. known post bodies, comment bodies, etc.). Its purpose is not to replace prompt and responsible upgrading, but rather to mitigate 0-day attacks and let bloggers sleep better at night.
Originally developed by SEO Egghead and released as Wordpress Firewall.
Learn about the types of Wordpress attacks this plugin helps prevent.
- Download the plugin.
- Unzip the file that you downloaded.
- Upload the contained program "wordpress-firewall-2.php" to your "wp-content/plugins/" folder.
Upgrading from Wordpress Firewall v1.25
- Deactivate the plugin Wordpress Firewall v1.25.
- Delete the plugin from your plugins folder.
- Install Wordpress Firewall 2 (see installation instructions).
- Your previous settings will be restored and used.
Bugs, Problems, Suggestions
Wordpress Firewall 2 forum, or contact me below.
Use the form below to contact me.
Donations are welcomed!